Queen City Animal Hospital is adding a full time veterinarian to our growing and successful practice located minutes from uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. Founded in 2019, our hospital has focused on fostering an intimate relationship between our patients and clients. Utilizing fear free principals, we invite our patients into a warm and inviting environment and empower them to provide the very best care to their family member. We are very proud of the reputation we have built in a short period of time and we are looking to add another member to our successful team. If your passion is to provide exceptional and fear free care for your clients, we invite you to join us!
Located in the heart of the historic Belmont neighborhood, we are minutes away from uptown Charlotte. The skyline is visible from our parking lot. Charlotte, North Carolina is the 15th largest city in the United States and continues rapid and historic growth. Our weather is pleasant year round including very mild winters and our city boasts numerous amenities. This includes a world class airport with destinations across the country and world, the US National Whitewater Center, multiple professional sports teams, top notch restaurants, and over ten breweries located within 3 miles of the hospital. Charlotte has distinct and eclectic neighborhoods that you can put your roots down around the city and excellent suburbs in North and South Carolina. It’s a big city with southern charm!
In 2019 we renovated a grocery store from the 1930s and transformed its bones into Queen City Animal Hospital. Our entire staff is fear free certified and the hospital was designed with these principles in mind. In 2020 during the beginning of the pandemic and converting to curbside care, our hospital became AAHA Accredited after being opened less than a year. Our clients are loyal, educated, and provide exceptional care for their pets. We use cloud based veterinary software and utilize technology heavily to engage with our client base.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Diagnose, treat and manage a variety of small animal cases
- Perform small animal surgeries with opportunities for mentorship if desired
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Maintain a positive work environment and promote teamwork
- Lead support staff, provide guidance on tasks as needed
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited program is required
- New graduates are welcome to apply!
- Be licensed or able to be licensed in the state of North Carolina
- We see exotics alongside dogs and cats. Experience is not necessary with these species but mentorship is available if there is interest.
- Participate in a schedule that involves a four day work week with a static day off and potential for future Saturday hours.
- Fear free certification strongly recommended.
What’s In It For You
- Competitive Salary
- Eligibility for additional commission dependent on experience
- 401K Match
- Health Insurance- 100% covered!
- Disability & Life Insurance included
- Paid Time Off
- CE Allowance
- Licensing Fees, DEA and Association Dues covered